9 foods to improve your mood & well-being
Did you know what you eat can dramatically affect your mood? We all know we can get a temporary superficial/false high after consuming sugary foods, alcohol or caffene, but these “foods” are actually depressants that bottom you out with the longer term reverse negative effects on your mood, bodily functions and well-being. Here are some healthy foods to improve your mood and overall health for the long term.
1. Raw Organic Cacao – not the sugary and dairy laden commercial chocolate, but real cacao is rich in tryptophan, which is a powerful mood-enhancer, assisting the production of serotonin (feel good hormone).
3. Fermented Foods – (Kefir, Sauerkraut, Yoghurt, Kombucha, Miso, Kimchee, etc) improve good bacteria in the gut to aid gut health that supports positive mood and brain function.
4. Goji Berries – known as one of the most nutritious berries on the planet. It’s rich in anti-oxidants and flavonoids It’s renowned to boost libido, sexual function and immune system.
5. Turmeric – supports the circulatory system and the digestive system. It has been shown to boost Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor which is linked improved brain function and is useful in treating depression.
6. Chai Seeds – rich in vitamin C, Omega 3 and 6 and antioxidants. They also clean your digestive and immune systems by moving all the toxins and impurities to the bowels to improve mood and brain function.
7. Coconut (oil, meat & water) – full of electrolytes and saturated fat to improve energy levels and brain function as well as keep the body feeling young.
8. Noni Juice -helps stimulate the body’s natural production of Serotonin – feel good mood enhancing hormone. Renowned to treat depression, anxiety, irregular sleep patterns (insomnia) and migraine; promote healthy immune system, regeneration of damaged cells.
9. Hemp Seeds & Oil – a rare complete source of protein and packed with enzymes as well as Omega 3, 6 and 9 for improving brain functions and energy levels.
Include these foods in your daily eating regime to sustain a positive mood and overall good health.
If you enjoyed this post or have personal experience you would like to share, please post a reply below.